Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Pages

Thursday 10 November 2011

Learning The Art of Wedding Toast

All is going according to plan. Trust that there is a bigger picture. Trust that life is unfolding as it should.
Like I always remind myself,
God is an artist and I am his canvas. It's never too late to make a difference. You always got to start somewhere...


Through the years for some reason "toasting" is becoming less and less prominent.
I know there are plenty of toasts that you can refer from books, the Internet and others sources.
I know there are some people out there that are very capable of writing a toast and speeches.
I have heard some of these people at weddings, retirements and company outings.
If you are one of these people, who are gifted with words, you are truly blessed.

Today, I had a sudden urge to write a toast for my best friend, I choose not to refer but I look for words from my heart, it was not as difficult as I thought it would, I kept it simple and direct.
But proof reading it over again and again is the hardest part as I question myself which word is appropriate or which sentence is unnecessary.
I wanted to keep it short but meaningful. (... this is my first personal toast ... the previous wedding was technically not a toast it was more like on group speech which I wasn't please with myself ... I could have done better)

I still recall in 2008, as I was walking to work one day, my mind keep thinking about her wedding day, Will I be invited? What will I say? Where? When? I guess at that time the questions were hope (preparation) for me, to test our friendship and to look forward to her big happy day.
I am not the type of person who is good at writing or speaking in front of a group of people. But if I happened to come across a desire to speak for someone, I will try my very best to be worthy of standing in front of the mic or on stage in public. Well at less I put some effort into learning how to do it well before accepting the task. Somehow, I just knew I had do this, to send my best wishes to her as we have been through a lot together over the years.
Your marriage is a gift, it is a blessing from God, they had an opportunity to meet and I saw how they both decided to start a relationship, quickly they chose have a future together and agreed to committed to one another. It is a huge task to accomplish and a long journey to travel, but today I strongly believe that JC will take good care of my best friend PG as they have both proven their love and respect for each other. So on this special day 11 Nov 2011, I would like to ask everyone to lift their glasses to join me in giving a toast, We wish both of you happiness, living a fun and fulfilling life together. I pray that you will continue on a smooth journey and God will continue to bless both of you along the way. I am sure all of us here have just one request or task for both of you to accomplish, to start a family very soon. Cheers.
As tomorrow fast approaches,
May your hearts be open with patience and love.
May your lives be filled with blessings from above.
May you always share the best that life can provide.
As you spend your lifetime together side by side.