Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Pages

Sunday 20 November 2011

When life hands me lemons

Last week I received a bag of lemons from our client, since no one in the office was interested I gave them away. While catching up with some friends over dinner last night, listening to our conversations made me realize how much I have grown up and changed. I am sure everyone’s heard this at one point in their life ...
"When Life Gives you Lemons...Make Lemonade!" It means making the best of an undeniably bad situation, even if it involves complete and utter denial, mixing lemons with cup loads of sugar until they actually taste sweet. Dale Carnegie used the phrase a lot in his famous book “How to win friends and influence people.”


When life hands me lemons - do I make lemonade? or ask for salt and tequila!
In the past I think when life gave me lemons when no one is looking, I will throw them through life’s window and run away haha ... Yes I would try any possible way to avoid any confrontation.


Now I would probably find someone else whose life was handed a bottle of vodka, and have a drink together ...
So last night when I was faced with a difficult situation, I told myself ...
"When life hands me lemons, why not throw a lemon party!"
I don't know what is in store for me in the future but we could probably look at life differently at various stages of life.

At 10, When life gives you lemons alter their DNA and make super lemons!
(young and naive, anything is possible)
At 20, When life gives you lemons, be sure to say thank you note for the lemons sincerely. 
(taught to suck it in, life is never fair)
At 30, When life gives you lemons, make orange juice, then wonder how the heck you did it. 
(lucky escapes)
At 40, When life gives you lemons sell them online. 
(everyone is looking for financial freedom)
At 50, When life gives you lemons, squirt the juice in someone's eye 
 (teaching the younger generation a lesson )
At 60, When life gives you lemons, ask for the receipt 
(longing for security)
At 70, When life gives you lemons, collect them, one day life will stop and you would have the most lemons ever. 
(at this point does it matter)
At 80, When life gives you lemons just shut up and eat your damn lemons 
(well no one cares anymore)